>Ta-wei’s super delicious Wiener Schnitzel.
>Ta-wei Lin (Chef/owner of Three Papayas) invited me over to have a special dinner and sit-in on an interview he was doing with a documentarist. I wasn’t able to stay for the interview, unfortunately, but I heard it was really fun and I can’t wait to see the footage!
- Pork (normal cut)
- Beer (Pilsners are good)
- Lemon juice
- Bread crumbs
- Panko crumbs
- Spices (Ta-wei used paprika, oregano and a couple others.)
- Mint jelly
- Get normal cuts of pork and pound with a meat tenderizer until it’s 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix eggs, beer and a little lemon juice in a large bowl and let the meat marinate in them.
- Mix bread crumbs and panko breading (this will add a nice lightness to the breading), with your spices.
- Pour a liberal amount of oil into a fry pan and turn on high heat.
- While the oil is heating, Take a piece of meat from the marinade and coat it with the crumb mixture.
- Cook each side for a couple minutes, until the breading turns golden.
- Plate and serve with some horseradish and mint jelly!