- 2 lbs beef short ribs (flanken cut)
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons rice wine (or Soju)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- Place the ribs in a dish for marinating.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, being sure to add the coke last, as it will foam up a bit when added to the other ingredients.
- Pour the marinade over the beef and massage it in for about one minute.
- Cover and let marinate for at least 4 hours turning at least once.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium hot.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and place on the hot grill.
- Grill the ribs, turning once, to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with rice and a variety of Korean side dishes such as kimchi, namul (trio of vegetables) and musangchae (white radish salad) for a delicious Korean meal.
>Chopped up artichokes and tomatoes, mixed with candied nuts, chunks of brie and Trader Joe’s Everyday Spice mix. Instead of using olive oil I just used a little bit of the oil from the artichoke jar.
>Now, this wasn’t meant to be two open faced sandwiches, but it kind of turned out that way.. On the far (top) side we have sundried-tomato pesto, orange bell pepper and crisp romaine. On the near side we have cilantro-jalapeno hummus, harvarti and artichoke hearts. Both sides were on a whole wheat bun. Since I don’t like deli-meat on my sandwiches, I opt for super tasty spreads and some nice cheese–it works. :)